Special Musical Guest
Focus on the Family is pleased to have contemporary Christian music artist MercyMe join us on our 40th Anniversary Cruise in November 2017.
“We are so looking forward to celebrating Focus on the Family’s 40 years of helping families on their anniversary cruise. We hope to see you on board for what we are sure will be a wonderful time filled with spiritual growth, fellowship and worship!”
This Dove Award-winning band has blessed and inspired audiences for more than 20 years with favorites like “I Can Only Imagine,” “Shake,” and “Word of God Speak.” You and your family can enjoy a live concert, Christmas carol and tree-lighting event, and a meet-and-greet autograph session with this popular band!
Some highlights of the band’s accomplishments include:
– Multiple American Music Award and Dove Award winners MercyMe have sold more than 8.5 million units in CD, single and DVD sales
–The band’s eighth studio album, “Welcome To The New,” has recently received RIAA Gold status, has garnered two GRAMMY® nods and continues to be a top-selling title more than 105 weeks after its release
– “Welcome To The New” has yielded three No. 1 singles in a row: “Dear Younger Me” (their current single), “Flawless” (No. 1 for 15 weeks) and “Greater” (No. 1 for 16 weeks)
– Since their 2001 debut, MercyMe has charted 27 No. 1 multi-format Christian radio singles and four mainstream/AC radio hits
– In 2016 the group scored their eighth & ninth career Billboard Music Award nominations
– MercyMe earned two 2016 Dove Award nominations: “Flawless” for Song of the Year and “MercyMe, It’s Christmas!” for Christmas Album of the Year
– The band made history when “I Can Only Imagine” surpassed 2 million digital downloads, making it the first song in Christian music to go double-platinum in the digital domain
– Billboard named MercyMe the No. 1 Artist of the Decade and single “Word Of God Speak” the No. 1 Song of The Decade in both the Christian Songs and Christian AC Songs categories for 2000-2010
– MercyMe has sold out venues throughout the US and Canada, including Radio City Music Hall, and have appeared on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, The Today Show, CBS This Morning, FOX New Channel’s FOX & Friends, CNN, ABC News and in the pages of People®, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times, USA Today and more